Delicious and Healthy Muffins
3 ripe bananas, mashed
75g rolled oats (3/4 cup)
½ cup milk
1 small handful chopped walnuts (optional)
¼ cup of 100% pure maple syrup
2 cups wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract until well combined. The mixture should appear fluffy with bubbles starting to form. Mix in the mashed bananas, walnuts and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rolled oats, wholemeal flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the banana mix to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon, until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cases.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan. Turn out carefully onto a wire rack to cool completely. If you like, top them with a slice of fresh banana.